Caesar Salad (Dairy free, Gluten free)
- 2 large handfuls of cos lettuce, chopped
- 2 small eggs, boiled
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 slices bread of choice, toasted
Caesar Dressing ingredients
- 1 cup cashews (preferably soaked)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp capers
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ cup water (add more for thinner consistency if desired)
Method for dressing
- Place cashews into a jar and cover with water. Place in the fridge and leave to soak for 4 hours or even better overnight.
- To prepare the sauce, drain and rinse the cashews and add to the blender with nutritional yeast, capers, lemon juice, salt and water. Blend until smooth and store in a jar in the fridge.
Method for salad
- Boil a small pot of water. Slightly reduce the heat before adding eggs and set the timer for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes remove from hot water and place into a small bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad in a medium sized bowl, by tossing the lettuce and pumpkin seeds with 2 tbsp of cashew caesar dressing.
- Toast your bread of choice. Once toasted roughly chop.
- Peel your eggs
- To assemble; Add chopped bread and boiled eggs on top of the tossed salad. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.